2012 is off to a great start. In addition to having a strong presence at the Winter Outdoor Retailer Market and the Western Hunting & Conservation Expo, USAC has enlisted several corporate partners for our future membership and fundraising campaigns. We’ve been pleased and humbled by the outpouring of support from many in the outdoor industry. We look forward to continuing our campaign to raise awareness of our Coalition and its fight at several upcoming events throughout Utah (see below).
On the legal front, Oral Arguments on our Public Waters (Provo River) case have been scheduled for 9 a.m. on Friday, March 9, 2012. These proceedings, which are open to the public, will be held in Courtroom 1 of the Wasatch County Courthouse (1361 South Highway 40, Heber, UT). This is a major milestone in the life of this lawsuit. You are welcome to attend.
On the outreach front, USAC will be spreading the word about its mission and its goals at the following events. We encourage you to attend whichever of these events that interest you – and we can use some help in getting the word out at these events.
- February 25 – Fly Fishing Film Tour @ The Depot, SLC
- February 28 – SOJA Concert @ The Depot, SLC
- March 3 – Leftover Salmon Concert @ The Depot, SLC
- March 9 – G. Love Concert @ The Depot, SLC
- March 10 – Umphrey’s McGee Concert @ The Depot, SLC
- March 15 – Rebelution Concert @ The Depot, SLC
- March 15-18 – International Sportsman’s Expo, @ South Towne Expo Center, Sandy
- March 16 – Fly Fishing Film Tour @ Peery’s Theater, Ogden
- March 22 – International Fly Fishing Film Festival @ Ragan Theater, Utah Valley University, Orem
- March 24 – Wasatch Fly Fishing Film Tour @ Miller Auditorium, SLCC, Sandy
- April 6-7 – Wasatch Fly Tying & Fishing Expo @ South Towne, Sandy
- April 11 – Yonder Mountain Concert @ The Depot, SLC
- April 19 – Fly Fishing Film Tour @ Egyptian Theater, Park City
- April 24 – Fly Fishing Film Tour @ Logan Art house, Logan
As noted above, we can use your help at any or all of these events! If you’d like to be more involved in raising awareness about our cause and in educating others at these events, please let us know. Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll take it from there.
Thank you for your continued support, and we hope to see you at one or more of the above events!
Utah Stream Access Coalition
Working to restore public access to, and use of, Utah’s public waters and waterways.